Here is the list of XAT Essay topics of past years:
- 2017: Globalization and Jingoism always coexist.
- 2016: Technology and Nature are natural enemies.
- 2015: Listening is a dying art. We hardly listen to understand. We only listen to refute or reply.
- 2014: The most beautiful thing can neither be seen nor be touched but can only be felt.
- 2013: Corruption is the root cause of economic slowdown in India.
- 2012: Government is not addressing the root cause of poverty or Government is not able to implement the policies properly due to the huge magnitude of poverty.
- 2011: The statesman who would attempt to direct private people in what manner they ought to employ their capitals, would not only load himself with a most unnecessary attention, but assume an authority which could safely be trusted to no council and senate whatever, and which would nowhere be so dangerous as in the hands of a man who had folly and presumption enough to fancy himself fit to exercise it.
- 2010: Earth provides enough to satisfy everybody’s need but not everybody’s greed.
Essay section is clubbed with GK and You get total sectional time of 40 minutes for this section. Marks obtained in this section are considered in final stage of admission of XLRI along with PI. These marks are not considered for GDPI Shortlist.