Final selection in SSC CGL is summation of marks of Tier 1+Tier 2+ Tier 3.
We should know that top marks in tier 1 definitely help in getting desired post under CGL. So that’s why GK section of tier 1 is very much vital section.
Why is General Awareness Section Important?
You can score more in less time, General Awareness Section is the least calculation based section in the whole paper. All toppers have equal depth of knowledge in quant, reasoning and verbal but their marks are differed in GK As many couldn’t get even 15 marks in GK. So it is a deciding section.
Here we are going to discuss hot topics which are generally asked in SSC CGL. By going through these topics, You can get more score in General Awareness for SSC CGL Tier-1 Exam.
General awareness section has 2 parts: i.e. Static General Knowledge and Current affairs.
- Current affairs:
Read Past 5-6 month current affairs. Cover these topics:
Appointments, Awards and honours, Sports, Books and authors, Government Schemes, Rankings of India, Military exercises, Obituaries, Science & Technology, Economy affairs etc
- Topics of Static GK
Static GK Consists topics like Indian History, Culture, Environment, Indian and World Geography, Polity and Indian and World Economics, Computer, General Science ( Physics, Chemistry & Boilogy).
If you have less time and want to prepare for GK to score 40+ marks then focus on these topics more as Questions are repeated from these topics every year.
Most Important Topics for SSC CGL:-
- Classical and Folk dances, Famous Paintings, Famous Artists
- Agriculture Revolutions, Computer Awareness
- Articles of Fundamental rights (Indian Polity)
- National park, wildlife sanctuary and Biosphere reserves.
- Indus valley Civilization & Indian Dynasties mainly Delhi Sultanate, Maurya, Mughal, Gupta, Maghadha Empire.
- List of Lakes, Ports, Stadiums, Airports in India
- First in India both in Mens and Womens
- Vitamins & deficiency diseases, Solar system
- Rivers and cities, Straits and Isthmus.
- Sports Cups, terms related to sports and Sports Personalities
- Indian Freedom struggle timeline & Freedom fighters
- Important days in a year, Capital and currencies
- Recent Current affairs of past 6 months related to appointments, sports, awards and hnours, schemes, books and authors, science and technology, Rankings etc
- Festivals in India, Tribes, Top Producing states
- Mountains, Monuments, Famous Temples and Dams
- Human & Plant diseases, phobias
- Inventions, Metal Ores and Human Anatomy
- Indian & International Organizations and their HQs, formation years
- Military Exercises, Forces, Highest Ranks etc
- Amendments in constitution, Oaths and resignations, Five year plans
- Buddhism and Jainism.
- Basic Terms in Banking or Economics, Abbreviations list
- Major Battles (History) & Common names of chemicals
These all are the important topics of all the subjects which all the candidates have to cover for getting 40+ Marks in GK.
If you want a very well modules and crafted course for SSC CGL, Which covers whole syllabus in very neat and clean manner, Also you get added to whatsapp group for daily short notes, updates and quizzes.
Here is the course Link: Click here