Insights about Various MBA Exams
MBA Exam Notifications 2017-18
MBA GDPI and WAT Topics 2017-18
Important WAT and GD topics
1) India going cashless: Digital India
2) Demonetisation Move
3) GST ( Goods and services tax): How GST can change the business scenario of India
4) Indo-china Relations
5) The bane of NPAs in the country.
6) The Current Scenario of Women Empowerment in India.
7) Ambit and Expansion of Aadhaar Card’s Scope in India
8) Smart Cities, Rising pollution levels of metropolitan
9) Effect of media on our daily life
10) Jio and its impact on telecom sector
11) Brexit: Good for Britain or bad
12) Explain how affordable and quality education can help in nation building
13) Paris climate deal
14) Rising Terrorism and intolerance
15) Art has no boundary : recent india-Pakistan tussle
16) south china sea dispute
17) Odd-even scheme of Delhi government
18) Finance or Welfare – What should be more important for legal custody of a child?
19) Optional service charge at restaurants – Pros and Cons
20) Should national anthem be played in cinema halls?
21) Bullet train or Better trains – What does India need?
22) Mobile Wallet – Advantages and Disadvantages
23) Are Gandhi ji and his teachings relevant in today’s world?
WAT: – Written Ability Test (WAT) in IIMs, IIFT, TISS, SNAP and other prestigious B-schools is 15 to 20 minutes essay writing. You have to write essay in very limited time duration of around 20 minutes. Word limit is generally 250 to 350 words.
1) You should practice writing at least 15 to 25 essays on different topics before going for actual WAT.
2) Structure your essay in three parts –
Introduction, Body, and conclusion.
3) You are advised to give wholesome picturesque on given topic in essay. Don’t only write Pros or Cons.
4) Write multiple paragraphs with sub headings. For logical flow, ending of previous paragraph must be connected with the start of next paragraph.
5) Avoid using short forms, abbreviations, and language you use in social channels.
GD: – Group Discussion or group exercise
Here you will be 12-15 People and a topic would be given to you.
And you are supposed to put your views on given topic. It is a discussion and you are supposed to evaluate the topic by popping up good and bad sides. So be neutral, don’t take any side. Provide valid points to showcase your knowledge.
You will be given a sheet, Jot down your points and speak few of them first and then rest later.
Keep few things in mind-
• Be calm and composed.
• Initiating and concluding the topic brings more points
• Don’t interrupt in between, speak when someone is finished.
• Keep your voice little louder. It shows your dominance. But don’t shout.
• Ask to participate someone who is not speaking. It shows your leadership skills.
• Always look into eyes of your participants,
• Don’t look down or stare judges.
• Keep your entries optimum: A typical GD runs for about 15-20 minutes so speaking for 5-7 times for 30-40 seconds can be considered optimum.
How to prepare for PI
PI starts with basic questions like about yourself, your hobbies, your recent trips, or books that you read, your family background, education background, about job, your greatest strength or weakness.
Then it goes little deep.
Keep yourself in calm position. It is not a question-answer session; it is about expressing yourself and shows them why you are eligible to be selected.
Do your homework before interview. Rehearse of your answers.
Your homework includes:-
1) meaning of your name,
2) Frame a best answer for about yourself question?
3) History of the place from where you belong
4) family background
5) background of the magazines of newspaper that you follow.
6) Headlines of the day
7) Job profile, your leadership skills that you showed in your job.. 8) History of your company
9) Taxes and how you save them
10) places that you visited recently and their history
11) Why MBA?
12) Why that particular institute?
13) Why leaving such good job?
14) Why a gap between graduation?
15) Your long term and short term plans?
16) Your ideal person?
17) Sport that you like and follow, read about it thoroughly
18) your take on recent current affairs topic like: demonetization, Jio offer, brexit, idus water treaty, cauvery dispute, Modi as PM, sexual harassment smart cities etc
19) Frame your answers for questions: what would you do if you are made PM of this country? Or you won a lottery?
20) What you want to do for society?
21) Recent book that you read, its story, writer and history of writer
22) Favorite singer if your hobby is to listen music , what kind of genre you like
23) Your biggest strength or weakness,
24) What is repo rate , what is inflation? how we measure it?
25) Whom you were supporting trump or Clinton? and why?
MBA GK Course for IIFT TISS SNAP XAT CMAT Micat
MBA GK Tests
MICAT GK Test 1 2017
CMAT GK Test 1 2017