It is a short note on films and television topic..Generally Questions do appear in exam from this topic.
1) Doordarshan was founded in year- 1959
2) Film and Television institute of India is located in Pune and established in 1960
3) First Indian movie submitted for Oscar- Mother India
4) First Indian to won Oscar - Bhanu Athaiya
She got the coveted award for costume design for the Richard Attenborough directed film Gandhi.
5) 1st in Films
- 1st Indian film- Raja Harishchandra
- 1st Indian sound film- Alam Ara
- 1st Indian color film- Kishan Kanha
- 1st 3D animated film- Roadside Romeo
6) 1st actor to won film fare award- Dilip Kumar
7) Awards starting year:-
- Filmfare awards started in 1954
- National film awards started in 1954
8) Satyajit Ray- won 32 national film awards in his life, he won Oscar in 1992.
9) AR Rehman, gulzar and resul Pookutty are another Indians who won Oscar awards for their work in slumdog millionaire
10) Father of Indian cinema- Dadasaheb phalke
11) New chairman of censor Board: Prasoon Joshi
India's official entry to Oscars 2017 : Visaranai
India's official entry to Oscars 2018: Newton