GK was on tougher side this year.
Questions were from current affairs, history, geography, polity, sports, awards, books, social issues, science & technology, Bills and acts etc.
A score of 20+ is the ideal score this year in GK.
Overall Cutoff for TISS HRM Gen category: 70-72
Here are all the Questions with answers:
- In India, Right to property is a…………
Ans: Legal Right
Note: This Qs was from GKmojo Polity Notes.
- Nobel Prize for medicine in 2018 was awarded for
Answer: for their discovery of cancer therapy by inhibition of negative immune regulation
Note: This Qs was from GKmojo TISS Notes 8
- In 2018, Mary Kom won her 6th gold medal in 48 kg category at world boxing championships, whom did she defeat?
Answer: Hanna Okhata
Note: This Qs was from GKmojo TISS Notes 4.
- National Health mission of India seeks to achieve?
Answer: All of the above
Note: This Qs was from GKmojo TISS Notes 9
- Which is the highest Sports honour in India?
Answer: Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna
Note: This Qs was from GKmojo Notes 10
- Choose correct film and Director combination that was India’s entry in best foreign film category for 2018 Oscar awards?
Answer: Village rockstars: Rima Das
Note: This Qs was from GKmojo Notes (Current affairs files + film and television note)
- What is zero hour in parliament?
Answer: When member can raise Important Questions
Note: This Qs was from GKmojo Polity Notes.
- The UN Sustainable development goals, launched in sept 2-15, have…….goals and …targets?
Answer: 17 goals and 169 targets
Note: This Qs was from GKmojo TISS Notes 10, tiss file
- In 2018, the future policy gold award of the UN FAO was given to which Indian state?
Answer: Sikkim (1st organic state of India)
Note: This Qs was from GKmojo TISS MCQs 3
- Which 2 teams reached the final of Men’s hockey World cup 2018?
Answer: Belgium and Netherlands
Note: This Qs was from GKmojo December Current affairs PDFs
- 1st non-indian to receive Bharat Ratna?
Answer: Khan Abdul Gaffar Khan
Note: This Qs was from GKmojo Bharat Ratna Short Note
- Name of the light combat aircraft developed by India indigenously?
Note: This Qs was from GKmojo TISS MCQs 5
- Global Environment outlook is
Answer: A series of Report on the Environment prepared by UN.
Note: Common sense Qs
- According to BR Ambedkar which one of the following was considered as the ‘Heart and Soul’ of the Indian Constitution?
Answer: Right to Constitutional remedies
Note: It was from GKmojo MCQs
- The Most Toxic Greenhouse Gas is
Note: TISS Qs PDF File 1, You can solve out by knowing which are green house gases, like CO is not a greenhouse gas, that way You can rule out options and solve accordingly.
- Which writ means “we command”?
- Which Indian river crosses tropic of cancer twice?
- Which of the following is not correct about “yellow vest” movement?
Answer: Protesters demanding favorable policy for the immigrants
- Who led salt satyagarha movement along with Mahatma Gandhi?
Answer: Sarojini Naidu
- Jangarh singh shayam, the acclaimed artist was associated with which form of painting?
- The salient feature of Indian Parliamentary system is that
Answer: Executive responsible to legislature
- The term hegemony refers to
Answer: A dominant ideology that legitimizes economic, political and cultural power
- what is meant by the term Tragedy of commons?
Answer: Interest tension due to individual control over resources meant for the collective
- Author of the book “Ants among elephants”?
Answer: Sujatha Gidla
- Malthusian theory of population explored relationship between
Answer: Optimum growth and resources
- The renowned Hindustani musician Annapurna Devi, who passed away in 2018 was a
Note: GKmojo Current affairs files
- Who founded Satya Shodak Samaj?
Answer: Jyoti Rao Phule
- Which of the following is not a characteristic of totalitarian societies?
Answer: Freedom of movement of citizens
- Which Indian state has received president’s assent for the “Good Samaritan and medical professional bill, 2016?
- An economy reached take off stage when
Answer: Rapid growth in limited group of sectors is achieved.
- with reference to computers and world wide web , what is the function of cookies?
Answer: To maintain and save site and use information
- Punjab is referred as “the land of 5 waters”: select the sets of rivers/water bodies it refers to
Answer: Jhelum, Chenab, Ravi, Sutlej and Beas
Note: GKmojo River and cities note, This could be solved out by ruling out the options
- salome zurabishvli was elected as the 1st female president of which country?
- hindi movie …….is based on english classic “macbeth” by William Shakespeare?
- who was the 1st European settlers in India
- Where will India’s 1st indigenous film festival to be held in feb 2019?
- Which have not been decriminalized by Indian Judiciary?
Answer: Active Euthanasia
Note: Indirect Question, Read recently passed bills and judgments like section 377 etc. You can solve it by ruling out options.
- Treaty of Versailles marked the end of which war?
Answer: World War 1
- which Indian state does not have a common International border with Bangladesh?
- which is not correct about Fundamental duties under the constitution of India?
Answer: To vote in public elections