1) Nigeria Replaces India to Become World’s Largest Poor Population: Brookings Report
2) Janardan Singh Gehlot Elected International Kabaddi Federation Chief
3) Goods and Services Tax Day: 1 July
4) Mumbai’s Victorian and Art Deco Ensembles Inscribed As UNESCO World Heritage Site
5) IRDAI Gives Nod To LIC To Buy Stake In IDBI Bank
6) India finishes runner up after loosing to Australia in Hockey Champions trophy Final 2018.
Australia Wins Hockey Champions Trophy Final 2018.
7) Rahul Dravid, 5th Indian To Be Inducted Into ICC Hall Of Fame
8) Sashakt: 5 Pronged Strategy To Deal With NPAs
The Sunil Mehta Committee, set up to look into the faster resolution of stressed assets, has recommended the creation of an asset management company for the resolution of stressed loans worth more than Rs500 crore. Finance minister Piyush Goyal announced that government has accepted a report submitted by a committee of bankers led by Punjab National Bank chairman Sunil Mehta.
9) Major General VD Dogra Becomes 1st Serving Indian Army Officer to Complete Ironman Competition
10) As per US State Department’s 2018 Trafficking in Persons Report, North Korea has been tagged “worst human trafficking nation” for the 16th straight year, citing the use of forced labour.
11) RBI Licences Bank of China To Operate In India
The Reserve Bank of India licensed Bank of China to operate in India
12) YES Bank Gets SEBI Nod To Launch Mutual Fund Business
14) The Election Commission of India (ECI) has launched user-friendly android app “cVigil” for citizens to report any violation of Model Code of Conduct (MCC) during elections
15) Union minister of chemicals and Fertilisers Ananth Kumar announced that the country’s first e-waste recycling unit will come up in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
16) The government has decided to sharply increase the Minimum Support Price (MSP) for Kharif crops, as it responds to concerns about distress in the country’s farm economy despite two years of strong monsoons. The MSP for common variety paddy, the most important Kharif crop, will be raised by Rs 200 over last year’s Rs 1,550 per quintal. That works out a 13%t increase for the financial year ended March 2019 compared to a 5.4% increase in FY18.
17) Mark Zuckerberg Becomes World’s 3rd-Richest Person
18) RIL Becomes India’s Largest Tax Payer In Private Sector
Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani at the Reliance Industries’ 41st Annual General Meeting announced that Reliance is India’s largest payer of Goods and Services Tax (GST), Excise and Customs Duty, and Income Tax in the private sector paying Rs.9844 crore in FY18.
19) Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel Appointed NGT Chairperson
20) The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi decided to name the Agartala airport in Tripura after Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Kishore, the erstwhile ruler of Tripura.
1) RBI Cancels Licence Of Alwar Urban Co-Operative Bank
2) PM Modi Inaugurated World’s Largest Mobile Factory In Noida
3) ‘The English Patient’ By Michael Ondaatje Declared ‘Best Booker Prize Winner In 50 Years’
Michael Ondaatje’s bestselling novel ‘The English Patient’ was announced as the winner of the Golden Man Booker Prize at the Southbank Centre in London. The prize was instituted as part of celebrations to mark the Booker’s having completed 50 years
4) Dipa Karmakar Clinches Gold Medal at Gymnastics World Cup
5) South Korean President Moon Jae-in On 4-Day Visit To India
South Korean President Moon Jae-in arrived in New Delhi evening on a four-day visit to India. He is being accompanied by First Lady Kim Jung-sook on his maiden visit to the nation. Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited South Korea in 2015 during which the bilateral partnership was elevated to a special strategic partnership.
6) World Population Day: 11 July
7) M. Venkaiah Naidu Becomes 1st Chairman of Rajya Sabha To Sign MOU
Rajya Sabha has, for the first time in 76 years since it came into being, entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with a foreign counterpart for promoting inter-parliamentary dialogue. Venkaiah Naidu has become the first Chairman of Rajya Sabha to sign such an agreement when he inked an MOU with the visiting President of the Senate of the Republic of Rwanda, Bernard Makuza.
3) India Becomes World’s 6th Largest Economy: World Bank
India has become the world’s sixth-biggest economy, pushing France into seventh place, according to updated World Bank figures for 2017.
1) Andhra Pradesh Tops Ease Of Doing Business State Rankings
2) India Becomes 69th Shareholder of European Bank For Reconstruction & Development
1) Global Innovation Index: Switzerland Tops, India Ranks 57th
2) Haryana Top State In Per Capita Revenue Collection Under GST
3) IAAF World U20 Championship: Hima Das Bags Gold, Creates History
18-year-old Indian runner Hima Das created history by becoming the first-ever Indian woman to win an athletics gold on the international stage.
1) LIC Board Approves IDBI Bank Stake Purchase
2) FIFA World Cup 2018 |
France Emerged As Champions
France emerged as the champion team of the FIFA World Cup 2018. It has defeated Croatia in a thrilling final by 4-2.
It was the second world cup win for France, it first won in 1998.
3) Wimbledom championship 2018
Winner: Novak Djokovic (Serbia)
Runner up: Kevin Anderson (South Africa)
Winner: Angelique Kerber (Germany)
Runner up: Serena Williams (USA)
1) JK Rowling To Release Next Book ‘Lethal White’
3) Thailand Open 2018: Nozomi Okuhara Beats PV Sindhu Win Maiden Title
4) Flipkart’s PhonePe Acquires POS platform Zopper Retail
5) IMF Cuts India’s GDP Growth Forecast To 7.3% in 2018
The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has cut India’s GDP growth forecast by 10 basis points to 7.3% in the year 2018 and by 30 basis points to 7.5% in 2019, as the international body expects the central bank to tighten the monetary policy faster.
1) The UN members have unanimously elected Iceland to take a seat on the world body’s 47-member Human Rights Council.
2) Renowned Poet Gopal Das Neeraj Passes Away
3) 4th BIMSTEC Summit To Be Held In Kathmandu
4) 8th BRICS Health Ministers’ Meeting Held At Durban
The 8th BRICS Health Ministers’ Meeting was held at Durban, South Africa. Indian deligation was led by Mr J P Nadda, Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare. He stated that India is committed to eliminating TB by 2025.
5) Facebook To Launch Satellite ‘Athena’ In 2019
Facebook has confirmed it is working on a new satellite project, named Athena, that will provide broadband internet connections to rural and underserved areas.
1) Government Sets Up High Level Committee To Check Mob Lynching
Considering the increasing incidents of mob lynching, the Union Government constituted a High-Level Committee chaired by the Union Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba to deliberate in the matter and make recommendations.
2) Tokyo 2020 Committee Officially Launches Olympic Mascots
The Tokyo 2020 Organising Committee officially launched its Olympic mascots ‘Miraitowa’ and Paralympic mascot ‘Someity’ at a ceremony attended by Tokyo Governor Yuriko Koike and Committee’s President Yoshiro Mori.
3) Government Reduced Minimum Annual Deposit Under Sukanya Samriddhi Scheme
The Union Government has reduced the minimum annual deposit requirement for accounts under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana from Rs 1000 to Rs 250. The minimum initial deposit to open the account has also been reduced to Rs 250.
4) Public Affairs Index 2018: Kerala Best Governed State, Bihar Worst
5) Vodafone Idea merger Gets Final Government Approval*
6) Ramachandra Guha Pens Book Titled ‘Gandhi: The Years That Changed The World (1914-1948)’
7) 10th BRICS Summit 2018 Begins In Johannesburg*
1) Two Indians, Bharat Vatwani (for Restoring Health & Dignity to troubled lives) and Sonam Wangchuk (for Harnessing nature, culture & education) made the country proud as their names figured in the list of *2018 Ramon Magsaysay Award winners.
2) HCL Technologies displaces Wipro as India’s third largest IT services firm
3) 10th BRICS Summit 2018: Johannesburg, South Africa
4) Instagram Cofounder and CEO Kevin Systrom and Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg, both 34, are tied for first place on the Fortune ’40 Under 40′ list.
5) UN E-Government Index: India Ranks 96th, Denmark Tops
6) Reliance Beats TCS to Become India’s Most Valued Company
7) Bhitarkanika National Park to open for public tomorrow
It is situatedin Odisha.
8) The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation (HSBC) announced the appointment of Surendra Rosha as CEO(Chief Executive Officer) for HSBC India, subject to regulatory approvals.
9) Lok Sabha passed the Criminal Law (Amendment) Bill, 2018.
The Bill provides a death sentence for raping girls aged under 12.