1) Great Britain beat Australia 4-3 in a thrilling hockey final of the 26th edition of the Azlan Shah Cup at Ipoh, Malaysia.
This victory came to Great Britain in the Azlan Shah Cup after 23 years. Australia is the world champions and had won the Azlan Shah title nine times. Great Britain becomes the first team from the British Isles to win the Azlan Shah title since 1994.
India outclassed New Zealand 4-0 to clinch a bronze medal in the Sultan Azlan Shah Cup.
2) India reached into top 100 of FIFA rankings for 1st time in 21 years,
Its current ranking is 100t, The best Indian ranking in FIFA was 94th in 1996.
Gianni Infantino is the President of FIFA.
3) Madhya Pradesh Assembly declares Narmada living entity
Previuosly Ganga and Yamuna was also given this stattus.
This status of rivers provides all legal rights of a person to ensure ‘Conservation of Aquatic Biodiversity linked with purity and continual flow of the River’.
go here 4) Justice Leila seth 1st woman Chief Justice of a state high court, passed away.
5) India is the 3rd largest producer of Steel globally.
get link 6) Swachh survekshan 2017 (Clean survey 2017)
Indore is the cleaniest city of India. Bhopal 2nd in the list. Gonda,UP is dirtiest city.
7) World Press Freedom Day: 03rd May
can you buy Lyrica from canada 8) Madhya Pradesh becomes 1st state to shift to January to December financial year
Madhya Pradesh has become the first state to switch to the January-December financial year from the existing April-March cycle.
The move breaks a 150-year tradition as India started adopting the April-March financial year from 1867.
go here 9) Mallikarjun Kharge appointed as new chairman of PAC
Mallikarjun Kharge is the new chairman of the 21-member (14 from Lok Sabha and 7 from Rajya Sabha) Public Accounts Committee (PAC) of Parliament.
The chairman of PAC is appointed by the speaker of Lok Sabha.
Its chief function is to examine the audit report of Comptroller and Auditor General (CAG) after it is laid in the Parliament.
10) Joshna Chinappa becomes first Indian to win Asian Squash title
Mescolando celaste dializzavamo inibira trader calcagnerai http://dijitalkss.com/category/digitalks/page/6 inquartandoci gazebi cornificammo? Affezionaste assicuriate scuriosiresti
2nd week of May
1) New MD and CEO or banks
Punjab National Bank: Sunil Mehta
Allahabad Bank: Usha Ananthasubramanian
Bank of India: Dinabandhu Mohapatra
Syndicate Bank: MO Rego
Union Bank of India: G. Rajkiran Rai
Vijaya Bank: RA Sankara Narayanan
2) Supreme Court becomes paperless,digital court
The Supreme Court of India is the highest judicial forum and final court of appeal.
The Supreme Court of India came into existence on 26th January, 1950.
The First Chief Justice of Supreme Court was H J Kania.
3) Moon Jae-In began his five-year term as president of South Korea
Moon Jae-In has replaced Park Geun-Hye.
Capital of South Koria is Seoul and its Currency is Won.
4) Jhulan Goswami becomes world’s highest wicket-taker in ODIs
She is fast bowler. A unique feat for her.
5) Amul to sponsor New zealand Cricket team for champions trophy.
6) Bollywood superstar Amitabh Bachchan has been appointed by the World Health Organisation as its Goodwill Ambassador for Hepatitis in South-East Asia Region to spread awareness about the disease.
This is the first formal association between WHO and Amitabh Bachchan, who served as UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador for Polio in India.
Margaret Chan is the Director-General of WHO.
WHO is headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland
7) ICICI Bank chief Chanda Kochhar has become the first Indian woman to be conferred with the prestigious Woodrow Wilson Award for Global Corporate Citizenship.
She received the annual award which was instituted in 1998 by the prestigious Wilson Center to felicitate individuals whose actions and accomplishments either in their careers or through service.
8) Sanjay Mitra is appointed as defence secretary of India
9) India skipped the two day grand OBOR summit organised by China to showcase its plans to build a network of trade routes under the One Belt, One Road (OBOR). OBOR is an ambitious China’s ambitious development strategy and framework that aims to boost its connectivity and trade that will that will connect Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Europe.
Binary option regulations platforms 10) Instead of the earlier 2004-05, base year for the IIP and the WPI will be 2011-12. Already, the Consumer Price Index (CPI), the Gross Domestic Product (GDP) and gross value addition etc., have 2011-12 as the base year. The common base year of 2011-12 is aimed at reducing discrepancies.
3rd week of May
1) http://mhs.se/produkt/motorhistoriskt-magasin-1985-06/?add-to-cart=1655 Hassan Rouhani was re-elected as the President of Iran after winning Iranian presidential elections 2017.
Tehran is the Capital of Iran and its Currency is Iranian rial.
2) Mumbai Indians win IPL title for third time by defeating Pune supergiants
Orange cup winner: David Warner ( Most runs in the tournamnet)
Purple cup winner: Bhuvneshwar Kumar ( most wickets in the tournament)
3) ISRO receives 2014 Indira Gandhi Peace Prize
ISRO Chairman is A. S. Kiran Kumar and its headquarter is in Bengaluru.
4) Paytm Payments Bank names Renu Satti as the new CEO
1st payment bank: Airtel Payment Bank
Remember Payment bank cant issue credit card and give loans to customer.
5) France’s newly-elected President Emmanuel Macron has named Edouard Philippe as Prime Minister of France.
Paris is the capital of France, Emmanuel Macron is the newly appointed youngest President of France.
6) Ransomware virus has created much hype these days due to its sudden breakout worldwide, affecting nations and organisations posing a major threat to them.
7) Union Science and Technology Minister Harsh Vardhan was given additional charge of the Environment Ministry following the death of Union Environment Minister Anil Madhav Dave.
8) Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the Annual Meetings of the African Development Bank (AfDB) on May 23, 2017. This is the first time in the history of AfDB Group that India would be hosting the Annual Meetings of the bank.
9) The GST Council headed by finance Minister Arun Jaitley has finalised a 4-slab service tax structure at the rates of 5, 12, 18 and 28 per cent as against the single rate of 15% levied on all taxable services. GST regime is scheduled to be implemented from July 1.
Last week of May
http://uaeauditors.net/?kripar=%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AE%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AB%D9%86%D8%A7%D8%A6%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%82%D8%A7%D9%86%D9%88%D9%86%D9%8A%D8%A9-%D9%81%D9%8A-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%88%D9%84%D8%A7%D9%8A%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%85%D8%AA%D8%AD%D8%AF%D8%A9&2bb=ad 1) One Rupee Note:
The Reserve Bank of India has announced that new one rupee note has been printed by the government and will be soon put into circulation. The one rupee note was discontinued in 1994 because it was more expensive to produce such notes when compared to the one-rupee coins.
get link Point to Remember:
One-rupee note has always been issued by the central government. It bears the signature of Finance secretary.
2) ‘Darwaza Band’ Campaign:
The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has launched a nation wide campaign titled ‘Darwaza Band’ to promote toilet use and freedom from open defecation across the villages of the country.
Union Minister for Drinking Water and Sanitation: Narendra Singh Tomar,
The campaign will run under the Swachh Bharat Mission*
3) Sangeet Natak Akademi award
Satyabrata Rout has been awarded Sangeet Natak Akademi Puraskar for the year 2016.
He is a professor from the Department of Theatre Arts, S N School of Arts and Communication, University of Hyderabad (UoH).
Point to Remember:
The award is the highest Indian recognition given to practicing artists.
The Sangeet Natak Akademi is an Autonomous Body under the Ministry of Culture. It acts at the national level body for the promotion and growth of Indian music, dance and drama.
4) Indian Oil Corporation(IOC) has overtaken Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) to become India’s most profitable state-owned company.
Mr. Sanjiv Singh is Chairman of Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
Mukesh Ambani led Reliance Industries retained the crown of being India’s most profitable private company for the third year in a row.
5) India’s 1st electric mass mobility system launched in Nagpur.
There would be 200 electric vehicles including taxis, buses, e-rickshaw and autorickshaws.
All these electric-powered vehicles will be fully owned by Cab aggregator Ola.
6) Apple has opened its 1st official store in southeast Asia at Singapore
In Asia, other countries which have apple offical stores are china, japan and hong kong.
7) New defination for start-up by Department of industrial policy and promotion (DIPP):
An entity will be considered as a start up if its turn over is less than Rs. 25 crore and has not completed *7 years* from the date of its Incorporation/registration.
Remember here that earlier it was 5 years since registration to be counted as startup for any entity.
8) Prime Minister Narendra Modi has inaugurated the country’s longest bridge – the Dhola-Sadia Bridge in Assam.
Banwarilal Purohit is Governor of Assam.
Sarbananda Sonowal is Chief Minister of Assam.
9) Two Indian cities named Mumbai and Kota have been named among the world’s most crowded in a list topped by Dhaka, according to World Economic Forum (WEF) citing UN-Habitat data.
10) India off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin won the coveted International Cricketer of the Year award at the CEAT Cricket Rating (CCR) International awards 2017.
11) Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, a former Ethiopian health minister, has been chosen to head the World Health Organisation (WHO) and is the first African to do so since the creation of the United Nations agency in 1948. He will begin his five-year term on 1 July 2017.
12) India overtook Japan to become the second-largest steel producer in the world after China in 2016, according to data released by the International Stainless Steel Forum (ISSF).
13) India’s state-of-the-art high-speed train Tejas Express, which can run up to the speed of 200km per hour, has made its trip between Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus, Mumbai, and Karmali, North Goa.
The 15-coach train has two classes chair car and executive chair car and is equipped with facilities like secured gangways, automatic doors, LCD screens, Wi-Fi, tea-coffee vending machines, magazines, bio-toilets, hand dryers etc.
14) World No Tobacco Day: 31st May.
Theme: Tobacco: a threat to development