#Update 1st week of Feb
1) Nepal to host 4th BIMSTEC Summit 2017.
BIMSTEC is a groups of 7 countries, These are India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Sri Lanka from South Asia and Myanmar, Thailand from South East Asia.
2) NASA’s Juno spacecraft completes fourth fly by of Jupiter.
3) World cancer day: 4th Feb
4) NITI Aayog constitutes India Innovation index!!
The index’s objective is to rank Indian states on innovations through the portal that will capture data on innovation from all states on innovation and regularly update it in real time.
5) Government to create five special tourism zones to boost tourism: Budget 2017-18!!
#Update 2nd week of Feb
1) India beat Pakistan by 9-wickets to win T20 Blind cricket World Cup 2017.
2) ISRO set to launch record 104 satellites on 15 February.
ISRO: Indian space Research Organozation
Headquarter at Bangluru.
Chairman of ISRO: AS Kiran Kumar
3) Neelu Rohmetra is the first woman to be appointed director of an IIM at Sirmaur.
4) 59th Grammy awards 2017
Album of the year: 25 – Adele
5) Karnataka passes Bill to allow Kambala and bullock-cart racing
6) Ajay Tyagi appointed as SEBI Chairman.
SEBI: Security and exchange board of India.
It regulates commodity market in India.
7) Gujarat has become the first state in the country for establishing the cashless system in its public distribution system (PDS) of food grains. The beneficiaries who are eligible for subsidised food grains under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) will now need to carry only Aadhaar cards for getting their food grains in Gujarat.
8) Official mascot of FIFA U-17 World Cup: ‘Kheleao’
A clouded leopard is called Kheleao.
FIFA U-17 world cup will be held in India.
9) Kohli record for most Test 150s by an Indian captain. He has hit six 150+ score in a test match.
10) China becomes world’s largest producer of solar power. China has surpassed Germany.
11) The Reserve Bank of India announced that the cash withdrawal limit on savings accounts will be scrapped from March 13, 2017 .
12) RBI governor Urjit Patel led Monetary Policy Committee (MPC) kept the key repo rate unchanged at 6.25% in the first monetary policy review of 2017 and after Budget 2017.
Repo Rate- 6.25%
Reverse Repo Rate- 5.75%
Marginal Standing Facility Rate- 6.75%
Bank Rate- 6.75%
#Update 3rd week of Feb
1) New CM of Tamil nadu: Edappadi K Palaniswamy
2) India ranks 143rd in 2017 Economic Freedom Index. Hong Kong tops the list.
This index measures the degree of economic freedom in the countries of the world.
3) The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the merger of State Bank of India (SBI) with five of its associate/subsidiary banks.
These five subsidiary banks are State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur, State Bank of Hyderabad, State Bank of Mysore, State Bank of Patiala and State Bank of Travancore.
4) Lakshmi, the country’s first banking robot is helping City Union Bank transition towards a new self-service era.
5) Virat Kohli has become brand ambassador of Puma, first Indian sportsperson to ink Rs 100-cr deal with Puma.
6). Veteran Hindi Scholar and Novelist Surendra Verma Selected for 2016 Vyas Samman.
Vyas samman is given by KK Birla Foundation.
It is an annual award in literature in India.
7) Apple acquires Israeli start-up RealFace.
In a bid to boost its prospects in the world of artificial intelligence (AI), Apple has acquired Israel-based start-up RealFace that develops deep learning-based face authentication technology.
8) ISRO created history by launching 104 satellites in one mission.
It was polar satellite launch vehicle (PSLV) C37 which launched 104 satellites.
First time a space organizarion launched more than 100 satellites in one mission.
ISRO: Indian space research organization.
Headquartered at Bangluru.
Chairman: AS Kiran Kimar
9) India sanctions soft loan USD 340 million to nepal.
Soft loan: a loan to developing countried given at very favourable terms . Generally lower than marketing rates and other lenient terms for repayment.
#update last week of Feb
1) Government to transfer majority stake of HPCL to ONGC.
2) Mumbai is the richest city of India.
3) shilpa shetty is chosen as Brand ambassador of Swachh Bharat Mission.
4) Academy awards (Oscar) 2017
Best actor: Casey Affleck ( Manchester by the Sea)
Best actress: Emma Stone( La la land)
Best director: Damien Chazelle (La la land)
Best film: Moonlight
5) Antyodaya Express: A new train for the unreserved passengers. The first Antyodaya Express is slated to start between Mumbai (Maharashtra) and Tatanagar (Jharkhand) and second between Ernakulam and Howrah.
6) Bharti Airtel to buy Telenor’s India operations in Rs 7,000-cr deal.
7) February 28: National Science Day