1) Mr. Donald Trump: TIME Person of the year
2) six time Tamil Nadu CM Jaylalitha passed away due to cardiac attack. O Panneerselvam is the new CM of Tamil Nadu.
3) Justice JS Khehar will be the next 44th Chief Justice of India after TS Thakur retirement.
4) E-commerce giant Amazon has launched its global startup program ‘Launchpad’ in India. The program will enable Indian startups to sell their products overseas.
5) RBI to introduce new 20 & 50 rupee currency notes
6) Navy day: 4th December
7) Usain Bolt, Almaz Ayana crowned 2016 IAAF World Athlete of the year award
8) Hornbill Festival begins in Nagaland
9) Magnus Carlsen wins 2016 Chess Championship title
10) Supreme Court makes national anthem mandatory in cinema halls
11) According to world economic forum, Hindi language is ranked at 10th most powerful language.
12) Amar abrol is the new CEO of Air asia.
13) shastri Arora is MD and CEO of airtel payment Bank.
14) Flipkart co-founder sachin bansal and binny bansal is awarded as asian of the year 2016.
1) New secretary of state of USA is exxonmobil CEO Rex Tillerson.
2) Federal reserve ,Central Bank of USA raised interest rates..its chair person is Janet Yellen.
3) Most powerful person in the world according to forbes 2016: Russian President Vladimir Putin
Our PM Modi ranked at 9th place.
4) World's most powerful CEO by forbes 2016: Larry page, Alphabet, Parent company of Google.
5) VK sharma is the new chairman of LIC and he will replace SK Roy.
6) Pokeman GO launches officially in India, partners with Reliance Jio.
7) Uber CEO travis kalanick in visit to India without a VISA.
8) IIM A tops list in Bschool in India in best placement reports. IIM C and IIMB rank 2nd and 3rd respectively.
9) Star footballer Cristiano Ronaldo won Ballon d'or 2016. It was his 4th ballon d'or. He is from portugal.
Argentinian Lionel Messi has won 5 ballon d'or.
10) After India, Venezuela demonetises its largest currency note. Currency of venezuela is Venezuelan bolivar. Its highest currency note is 100 bolivar. But it kept the move on hold after chaos.
11) Cyclone Vardah hits tamilnadu and create havoc.
12) Government to launch helpline number 14444 for digital payment.
13) Antonio Guterres sworn in as UN secretary general replacing Ban ki moon.
14) 10 December: Human rights day
1) IMF chief christine lagarde is guilty over 422 million dollar payout.
2) Turkey cop shoots russian ambassador Andrei Karlov "for Aleppo".
Aleppo is the largest city in Syria and the economic capital. The Syrian regime army and rebels are fighting for control of the city.
(This update is important for XAT. Aleppo!! )
3) Karun Nair become 2nd indian batsmen to score 300 runs after Virender Sehwag.
4) Justice J S Khehar to become 1st sikh Chief justice of India on Jan 4.
5) Indian junion hockey team won the Junior world cup 2016. Kudos!!
6) Lt Gen Bipin Rawat has been named the new Army chief superseding his two senior officers.
7) India surpasses Britain to become world’s sixth-largest economy: Forbes magazine
8) Air Marshal BS Dhanoa appointed Air Chief of IAF.
1) Viral Acharya appointed as deputy governor of RBI, he replaced Urijit Patel. This position is vacant after Urijit Patel appointed as governor of RBI.With this appointment, 4 Deputy governors of RBI
A. SS Mundra
B. R Gandhi
D. V Acharya
2) India successfully test fires nuclear capable ballistic missile Agni-5.
It is a surface to surface missile with a striking range of more than 5000 KM.
3) India's highest literacy honour Jnanpith award for 2016 is given to bengal poet shankha Ghosh.
4) Minimum 10000 rupee fine for holding old notes (500 and 1000) , no jail term.
5) PM Narendra Modi launches UPI(Unified payment interface) based mobile payment app called BHIM (Bharat interface for money).
6) The Union Ministry for Petroleum & Natural Gas has met the 1.5-crore target for LPG connections that were to be added under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) in the 2016-17 financial year.