1st week of April
1) 7 April - World Health Day
Theme was depression
2) Japan officially recognizes Bitcoin as currency.
Bitcoin is a digital currency.
3) RBI board clears proposal to introduce Rs 200 Notes.
4) No of beneficiaries under ujjawala yojana crosses 2 crore marks.
Ujjawala yojana is the government scheme for Providing LPG cylinder to women of BPL households.
5) Malaysian Prime Minister Najib Razak is on a 6-day visit to India.
Capital of Malaysia is Kuala Lumpur and its currency is Malaysian ringgit.
6) Rajiv Kumar Chander appointed as India's Ambassador and permanent representative to the UN.
7) India Open 2017:
PV sindhu wins maiden India open super series title 2017.
Olympic silver-medallist P.V. Sindhu has defeated Carolina Marin in straight sets at the India Open badminton championship 2017 in New Delhi.
8) Asia's largest road tunnel is inaugurated in Kashmir.
PM Narendra Modi has inaugurated the 9.2 km long Chenani-Nashri all-weather road tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar National Highway.
The road tunnel will reduce the travel time between the two state capitals of Jammu and Srinagar by approximately two hours.
The two-lane Chenani-Nashri tunnel is Asia's longest bi-directional highway tunnel, which will cut the distance between Jammu and Srinagar to around 250 km.
9) With The merger of associate banks, State Bank of India will enter the league of Top 50 Global Banks with a balance sheet size of Rs. 41 trillion.
10) Kanha tiger reserve in Madhya Pradesh has become the first tiger reserve in India to officially introduce a mascot of its own.
The Mascot has been named 'Bhoorsingh the Barasingha' to present the hard ground swamp deer as the spirit of the reserve and spread awareness to save it from possible extinction.
2nd week of April
1) 64th National Film Awards
Best film: Kasaav (Marathi)
Best hindi Film: Neerja
Best actor: Akshay Kumar for Rustam
Best actress: surabhi lakshmi
2) 40th Rank: India has jumped 12 places to 40th rank globally in total 136 countries in Travel and Tourism Competitiveness report 2017 by World Economic Forum.
Spain topped the list.
3) First rail freight service to China departs UK
The train will pass through seven other countries which are France, Belgium, Germany, Poland, Belarus, Russia and Kazakhstan.
4) The literary blockbuster novel 'The Underground Railroad' authored by Colson Whitehead, which depicts the journey of a young woman escaping from slavery via a fantastical train system has won the Pulitzer prize for fiction.
The Pulitzer prizes, considered the most prestigious journalism and arts awards in the U.S.A.
5) Flipkart Buys eBay India
CEO of Flipkart: Kalyan krishnamurthy
6) Malala Yousafzai made youngest UN Messenger of Peace.
7) 126th birth anniversary of BR Ambedkar: 14 April
Points about BR Ambedkar:-
Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar was the chief architect of the Constitution of India. He was the chairman of drafting committee of Indian constitution. He was the 1st law minister of India.Unified Payment Interface (UPI) based app BHIM was launched by PM Modi which has been named after Bhim Rao Ambedkar.
8) Haldia Port in West Bengal has topped the List in the First-Ever Ranking of Ports on Sanitation Parameters.
9) NW1 between Varanasi and Haldia The World Bank has approved a $375 million loan to India’s first inland water transport fairway National Waterway 1 (NW1) project on a 1,360 km-stretch of the Ganga river between Varanasi and the seaport of Haldia for bringing thousands of jobs in cargo logistics and transportation.
3rd week of April
1) Video gaming to be featured as a full sport at the 2022 Asian Games.
Asian games are known as Asiad. It is held every 4 years, Next asian games will be held in Indonesia in 2018.
2) Union Cabinet decides to ban use of red beacon by VIPs from May 1.
Only three categories were exempted from the ban. They are the President, Vice-President and Chief Justice of India.
3) Bhopal to have India's first privately-run railway station
For the first time in Indian Railway history Habibganj station in Bhopal has been handed over to the private firm to be operated by it.
The station building will be developed in line with airport terminals. However, Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu clarified that trains at the station will still be run by the Railways
4) Sai Praneeth wins Singapore open Super series Badminton Title
5) Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel gave a remark, that snapchat don't want to expand in a poor country like india.
Snapchat is a social media company.
6) SAUNI Project
Full form of SAUNI: Saurashtra Narmada Avtaran Irrigation
Purpose: To pump Narmada water in 115 dams of arid Saurashtra region
The project acts as a ‘linking’ project where the Narmada water will be filled in irrigation dams that are already equipped with canal networks to channelise water to the farmland.
Saruashtra region of Gujarat which includes 11 districts which faces drought like situation often and has been reeling under severe water scarcity due to scanty rainfall.
7) Agra Airport will be renamed after Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay airport.
8) World economy to grow at 3.5 per cent in 2017: IMF
IMF: International Monetary Fund
IMF HQ: Washington DC, USA
IMF Chief: Christine Lagarde
9) China to host BRICS Film Festival in June, 2017
A. BRICS countries includes Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
B. The first BRICS Film Festival was held in New Delhi, India in sept 2016.
C. BRICS summit will be held in September 2017 in China’s Xiamen city.
Last week of April
1) Varuna Exercise
*India, France carry out joint naval exercise 'Varuna'*
The Indian Navy has begun a joint maritime exercise with the French Navy at the Mediterranean Sea to further deepen combat coordination between the two navies.
2) 2016 Dadasaheb phalke award
Veteran actor Kasinathuni Viswanath wins Dadasaheb Phalke award for 2016.
>It is the highest recognition in Indian cinema, which consists of a golden lotus, a cash prize of Rs10 lakh and a shawl.
>Devika Rani was the first awardee of Dadasaheb Phalke award.
3) India becomes world's 5th largest military spender. USA tops the list.
4) Veteran Actor and gurudaspur MP Vinod khanna passed away.
5) UP cancels 15 government holidays marking the birth or death anniversaries of eminent personalities.
Alternatively, on these days, school and college students would be tough about these public figures.
6) Nita ambani has made member of IOC's important commision.
IOC: International olympic comittee
*She is India's 1st woman International olympic cokmittee member.*
7) Cows to have addhar like ID
8) Eminent modern Bengali poet Shankha Ghosh was chosen for the prestigious Jnanpith Award for the year 2016.
9) 2022 asian games to have video gaming as full sport.
Next asian games is slated to be held in Indonesia in 2018.
10) T Krishnakumar appointed as Coca-Cola India’s new chief
11) YES BANK has won the ‘Golden Peacock Innovative Product/Service Award 2017’
Mr. Rana Kapoor is the Founder, Managing Director & CEO of Yes Bank.
Yes Bank is Headquartered in Mumbai.
It received the prize for its innovative mobile technology product, SIMsePAY.